You want to see your title on the shelves!
Traditional publishing is a good fit for your project if:
- You’re committed to the writing craft, honing your skills, and relentlessly pursuing writing as a professional career
- You prefer to limit how much time you spend promoting so you can just write
- You want to maximize your distribution, international publishing options, and film opportunities through obtaining an agent
- You’re open to self-publishing as well, but still intend to expand your career opportunities via the platform and distribution advantages that come with traditional publishing
You’re serious about pursuing a writing career. But what’s standing in the way of your books on the shelf might be the inevitable process of rejection. You know competition is stiff in traditional publishing, and that wooing an agent takes a lot of work, time, and industry savvy. You’re ready for that. But what you really need to know is whether your book is truly ready to enter that fray; or, if it already has, WHY it’s getting rejected. Is it because you just haven’t found the right agent yet, or is it because your manuscript still has a few fundamental flaws?
We can start providing the answers you’re looking for.
Following are the basic services (and average costs) that can get your book to readers. Contact our team to discuss a customized bid based on your goals and needs. And don’t miss our free Fiction Book Report (linked below) with in-depth answers to the most common author FAQs.
If you’re new to fiction, feel overwhelmed, or aren’t sure how to tie all the pieces of your book together, big-picture content feedback and/or writing coaching are your next steps. We offer this through two routes:
- A manuscript evaluation, with the option of back-and-forth coaching from your editor
- A phenomenal writing retreat (including market/industry, agent, and career training) or personalized coaching program through our partner, and New York Times bestselling author, Bridget Cook-Burch
Let’s get you from where you are now—stuck, partially done, not sure what’s next—to where you want to be: a published author.
Content and Prose Editing
If you’re a little further along on your writing path—whether your draft is finished or not—now is the time to consider what will make it as compelling as possible, stand out from the crowd, and appeal to your target audience. Editorial feedback can give you the insight and edge you need. Our most utilized author services are:
- Content editing
- Prose execution (or close line) editing
Agent or Publisher Prep
We can help you craft a query, synopsis, or book proposal that will limit how many form rejections you collect and increase your likelihood of “requests for a full.” As editors who have worked in-house at publishers and seen what makes the cut and why, we have an idea or two of what makes an idea high-concept and marketable. We can use that knowledge to help you make the cut.
(To get more details on all of our editorial and agent-prep services, go here.)
Production & Publishing
Readers will judge a book by its cover. You want to ensure all your hard work writing the book isn’t for naught. We can help ensure your book is a marketable product from the inside out. Our full-service publishing includes ISBN, cover design, eBook and/or paperback, marketing copy for your back cover blurb or online book description, and distribution with Amazon, Kindle, Nook, iBook, and Google Play. In short, we can provide lightning-fast, no-hassle publication done right. Contact us to get details on these and additional publishing services (audiobooks, hardcover editions, other distribution options, etc.)
Professional Book Promotion
Once you’ve nailed a great book and cover, there’s nothing more important to building a writing career than utilizing up-to-date online marketing tactics. (You’ll definitely want to consider metadata optimization, Kindle promotion options, social media, major book-promotion sites, and promotion tools for other online platforms.) Effective promotion campaigns are customized to each author, angle, and genre in order to maximize exposure to the right audience. To ensure you get the best help available, we’ve partnered with the pros and have options ranging from DIY author-marketing training to done-for-you, results-oriented campaigns. Simply contact us today to get answers to your specific questions and access to our partner’s discounts.
$$ Fee Structure
To see our average pricing range for each major service, go here.
To get your free consult and a bid specific to your project, click here.
Angela’s team … coached me on how to craft my story in the way that agents are looking for. I also used Eschler Editing to write my query letter—within 24 hours of sending it, a much sought-after agent requested my manuscript exclusively. Thank you for everything!”
Tiffany Clark Harrison | tiffanyclarkeharrison.com
The Eschler Editing Book Report
To help you further explore the book-publishing process and get some FAQs answered quickly, we’ve compiled a complimentary report—yours while waiting for your free consult. Simply contact us below and you’ll instantly get information on:
- How to know if your book is ready for publication and what level/kind of editing you most likely need.
- The difference between traditional and self-publishing (key pros and cons of each) and tips for deciding which is right for you.
- The basics on how to find an agent and what agents (and traditional publishers) are looking for.
- The steps and timelines for publishing (traditional and self-pub)
- The Eschler Editing process—how we work with you (and additional info on our package pricing)
Begin making real progress with a no-cost consult.
Discuss your unique project and best publishing options with an editor and receive sample editing with your consult.